This prototype vehicle was studied by SEDEMS : Société d’Etude et de Développement de Matériels Spéciaux. It is actually part of the RVI group (Renault Vehicules Industriels).
It has been developed according to the specifications drafted by the ETAS (Etablissement Technique d’Angers) : beginning of the studies in 1980 and termination of the project in 1984.
Only 5 have been manufactured by SEDEMS :
– 2 with the diesel engine J.S.8.338 that equipped the Renault 21 with automatic transmission (2068 cm3/126.2 cu in, 86 hp, 4000 rpm)
– 3 with the gasoline engine 852 of the Renault 30 with automatic transmission
Air transportable by PUMA helicopter
4 wheel drive, transfer case with 2 ranges
Length 3.715 m, width 1.800 m, height 1.695 m
Weight empty 2,560 kg (5644 lb)
Combat weight : 3.105 kg (6845 lb)
Wheelbase : 2,300 m, wheel track 1,567 m
Speed : diesel 100 km/h (62 mph), gasoline 120 km/h (75 mph)
Speed in the water : 4.3 km/h (2.7 mph)
Driving range on road (60 km/h – 37 mph) : 700 km (435 miles)
Ramp capacity : 50%
Banking : 30%
Suspension : mechanical or pneumatic
Anti-tank battle armed with missiles and machine-gun
SATCP vehicle (Sol–Air Transport Courte Portée : Ground-Air Transport Short Range)
Reconnaissance vehicle with 7.62 ou 12.7 machine-gun
Ambulance / Security / Airfield protection.
To this day (2016), these 5 vehicles are identified as follows :
* 2 gasoline prototypes at the « Musée des Blindés de Saumur ».
* 1 gasoline prototype at the « Fondation Berliet »
* 1 diesel prototype at UNIVEM Paris Ile de France
* 1 diesel prototype at the Normandie Perche Military Club