This is an important event for our association. It requires a comprehensive mobilization :
- management of various interfaces with authorities well ahead of the event,
- overall organisation, all with volunteers,,
- security : Inside the halls and even more outside were the trucks load and unload the visitors all day,
- logistics : truck tours, gasoline, parking lot,
- refreshments : coffee, drinks, french fries and sausages, not our prime activity !… but volunteers got organized.
- participation of an orchestra on saturday. Installed in and around a GMC CCKW 353 they entertained our visitors with talent !
Our reward: 1400 people came and visited, enthusiastic. Some of the many children welcomed might later develop an interest into the field !
The event was organized with the association of “Amis de l’Ingénieur Jean Bertin” (Friends of engineer Jean Bertin). They presented the 1960s hovertrains.
The two days have been a big success, especially with our Sherman tank and the on-going restauration of our Brockway C666 http://www.univem-paris.com/en/category/restorations/.